Saturday, November 14, 2009

Only if I knew then what I know now...

I was sitting in the Martin Way Diner today for a late lunch when two older men sat down and the restaurant bar with me. We ended up chatting for a while after they talked about they're 8 hour shifts. That sucks. They found out that I'm a freshman in college, 18 etc etc and one man said, "I remember being 18, oh, only if I knew then what I know now." What a typical line. But my response, "Well I've taken what everyone older knows and I'm doing it now." He'd immediately got on defense. haha. "What's that supposed to mean??" I told him that every older person I've ever met wished they did worked harder and did more when they were younger so that life would be easier later on. Well, that's what I'm doing. I'm working my ass off to learn and gain experience while all my friends are at parties or watching TV. muahahaha.

I'm already ahead of the game. I know that my resume would be chosen over everyone else here at campus. I'm not being cocky, I don't believe in that, but I'm really confident in my skills that I've earned from being with Vector Marketing. Seriously. I'm in training right now to open my own branch office in another city. The company is giving me a city, a few bucks, and saying have at it! I'll be responsible for all the advertising, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, firing, training, maintaining, pay, supplies, bills, all of it! I'm going to be an entrepreneur for a summer campaign with the company. My office with be responsible for at least $125,000 in sales or if I do well, according to my business plan up to $200,000.

I love my job. 9 to 5. Not for me. One of my life goals is to not work for the man. I want to be "the man." My mom actually told me to get a real job with hours. haha But who makes those hours?? THE MAN. When does the man work? When he needs to. Other then that I'll be golfing. =]

1 comment:

  1. you know what love this post and you got the right idea. when you become the man im coming to work for you!

    ReplyDelete