Thursday, November 12, 2009

Priorities

Today I missed my sixth day of school in a row. I have a feeling that that's not a good thing. I worked really hard this summer to pay for all this "education." But, I think I know what my problem is. I don't see any value in going to class; all the general education classes are so dull or are full information I learned in high school. Not all of my classes are dull though. I think that my English 101 class is amazing; my prof has really put a new perspective on things for me. I love it! But, I still don't go. I typically stay up extremely late doing work stuff, thinking or philosophizing about random nothings. I find way more value in doing things for my amazing job because I know it's helping me grow, and thinking is what keeps me entertained.

One thought that I think you might enjoy is my priority jar. I can't take full credit for the idea, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Say you have a glass jar. You fill it up to the top with big rocks. Is it full? Nope. There's room for some gravel, so you poor that in, how about now? Not quite. Dump in some sand into the jar. Now it's full right? Nope. What about water. Poor that it and put on the lid. Now it's full.

What does this have to do with anything? Well, the big rocks are your biggest priorities, like work, health, family, school. Then the gravel are you next biggest, things like hobbies. The sand is the dream you have for yourself. What you always shoot for or a religion that kind of packs it all in. Then we have the water. The water is almost the bad habits in your life, or the things you do when you know that you shouldn't. For example, some people party.

It's really important that all of them are put in the jar in order. You can't fill up the jar with water and then put in big rocks. It'll overflow. So, what are your big rocks?

I think for me, that I put in one big rock, work, and then a bunch of water, thinking. I have got to get my priorities straight. Damn.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have it right to me.

    Love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete